Website Grow Generation
The largest hydroponics supplier in the country with 58 retail and distribution centers.
Position Reports To: Regional Manager
Purpose of Position: To lead and manage a local team of Warehouse and Retail Associates in a manner which promotes safety, profitability, responsible inventory management, industry education, and overall growth and forward movement of the GrowGeneration brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, and supervise department managers, set performance goals, resolve employee conflicts, and encourage teamwork
- Manage the different departments of a retail store in order to ensure the store reaches sales objectives
- Maintain, update, and enforce safety and security procedures
- Develop store strategies to raise customer base, increase store traffic, and optimize store profitability
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Leading by example, maintains store staff results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Increase sales by mentoring, training, and motivating staff
- Ensure security of store assets and bank deposits by monitoring condition of surveillance equipment, safe, and cash handling procedures within the store
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visualize merchandising standards
- Prepare promotional materials and in-store displays
- Routine inventory counts; Oversee stock levels and order new items when required
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service. Handle all issues that arise from customers by addressing complaints and issues in a professional manner
- Handle staff conflicts, complaints and problems professionally and according to GrowGeneration policies
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery
- Oversee the management of inventory to ensure “Door to Floor in 24”
- Analyze sales data to determine if store is meeting financial goals and implement plans to improve store performance
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of previous People Management experience
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and emotional intelligence during stressful or confidential situations
- Ability to work in hot or cold conditions for the duration of a shift
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak, listen, and type in English
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. to waist height repeatedly
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- People Management
Compensation includes a salary commensurate with experience, eligibility for additional compensation by way of company-wide Annual Store Bonus Program based on store revenue, participation in group health and dental insurance plans upon eligibility, employer match in a company sponsored 401(k) plan, expense account, paid time off and more.
Criminal background checks are part of the GrowGeneration hiring process.
Oaksterdam candidates add “#Oaksterdam” to their resume or application form.
To apply for this job please visit www.growgeneration.com.