Groundworks Industries is home to a family of retail brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis.
Reports To: District Manager
Direct Reports: 6-20, non-exempt
Groundworks Industries is home to a family of retail brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
To be successful in this role, you’ll want to bring a wealth of customer experience to the table and either a passion for, or genuine curiosity about cannabis. You would manage a team of 4-8 Sales Associates and have an Assistant Manager and Intake Specialist on your team. With the support of our back-office GW Services team, Store Managers are empowered to train and develop their staff and drive performance for their store.
Our stores span from the Oregon Coast to as far east as Gresham. We are currently soliciting applicants for Store Manager role at the Electric Lettuce Holgate location
Store Manager Job Description
The Store Manager is accountable for overseeing the daily operations of a cannabis retail dispensary while cultivating a strong group of professionals through training, mentoring, and development. The Store Manager is responsible for driving sales while maintaining a high level of service in a distinctive environment.
Informed by a ‘Balanced Scorecard’ approach equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer and Finance the Store Manager serves as a business unit owner, overseeing the performance of their location and supporting their team in delivering exemplary customer service experiences to all customers.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive and energetic style guided by Groundworks’ core values and long-range objectives.
The Store Manager is accountable for four primary areas or responsibility:
People developing and leading strong talent, developing training and team engagement for a group of cannabis professionals.
Process and Technology being a steward of operational excellence and ensuring compliant practices in a highly-regulated industry.
Customer fostering a customer-first environment that is welcoming to people from all walks of life.
Finance – leading your team in developing business acumen and understanding how their actions impact the financial stability of their shop and contribute to organizational goals.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of retail experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a managerial role
- Maintains open availability including nighttime, daytime, weekends, and holidays
- In depth experience in performance management, hiring, and training
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Solid and efficient problem-solving skills
- Excels in financial and business analysis
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an efficient, meaningful and timely manner
- Ability to teach others processes and ensure team members understand implications of decisions
- Ability to remain positive even when faced with tough situations
- Familiarity with BioTrack, Flowhub METRC, and/or web-based sales applications
- Proficient in Microsoft and Adobe
- Must have reliable transportation
- Hold a valid Marijuana’s Handlers Permit
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the retail cannabis space
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Have interest in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks’ mission
- Ability to stand, walk, sit and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, dust masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle for several hours contiguously
To apply for this job please visit gwind.isolvedhire.com.