Mechanical Extraction Technician
Focused on positively affecting millions of lives through the creation of a world-class platform to launch and scale brands, Natura is building a state-of-the-art, fully vertically integrated supply chain to bring stability to the rapidly growing global cannabis industry.
Natura’s vision is to transform the world through the consumption of cannabis, and believes that the best way to do this is to empower all players in the industry to standardize their offerings and realize their visions, giving them a home that has everything they need to bring their products to life. The first step towards realizing this vision is Natura’s campus in Sacramento, providing an end-to-end supply chain solution under one roof – cutting-edge cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and delivery, with the highest possible standards, enabling cannabis brands to launch and scale in a consistent and reliable manner.
We are looking for a qualified Mechanical Extraction Tech to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be processing cannabis biomass into Water Hash, Rosin, and other products as directed by an extraction manager.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of experience in ice water extraction and/or production of rosin. They will be passionate for doing work that is done properly and have a focus on making high-quality non-solvent extracts.
The goal is to optimize extraction procedures and succeed in producing consistent and high-quality results for the California cannabis market.
- Operate ice water extraction equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Prepare biomass for processing
- Separate and filter resin from biomass
- Identify and report any issues that need to be addressed by the extraction manager
- Maintain accurate and detailed production logs/reports
- Mechanically separate rosin from water hash
- Post-process of rosin into several different finished goods
- Clean and maintain equipment used in the processes
- Ensure that all technicians are following and executing on the company’s standard operating procedures
- Develop ways to improve upon pre-existing procedures
- Must be over the age of 21
- 1-2 years of experience in ice water extraction of cannabis
- Standards for work are respect, positive attitude, and attendance (need to show up on time, scheduled days and ready to work)
- Flexibility and wanting to help out wherever and whatever is needed
- Perform work as directed and follow instructions
- Ability to use technology: email, production logging systems, etc.
- Knowledge of sanitization practices in cannabis and ability to implement
- Ability to work with uniformity
- Data entry skills
- Detail oriented
- Time management skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work in low-temperatures and humid-environment found in extraction areas
- Ability to multitask
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with California policies and regulations governing recreational/medical cannabis production
- Experience producing high-quality non-solvent concentrates
- Experience working in teams
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with equipment maintenance
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a low-temperature area within a professional laboratory environment. This role routinely uses specialized mechanical extraction equipment. You will be handling large amounts water, ice, cannabis biomass as well as work with freeze dryers, heated pneumatic presses, air compressors, and water pumps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and stay active for long periods of time. Must be able to stay focused on single tasks at a time. Must be able to perform at a rate cohesive with employee standards. Employees must be able to see, hear, and communicate basic operational and safety instructions. Employees will be required to wear protective clothing and safety goggles during processing of cannabis resin. Employees will be required to use hands, fingers, and arms to grasp, pull, twist, reach, and push as needed to operate basic tools. They will also need to use legs and feet to be able to climb and crouch as needed. Full body will be used to lift equipment, push carts, agitate cannabis biomass, and other heavy lifting needs.
No travel is expected for this position.
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Natura embraces diverse perspectives and we value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.