IGS Solutions LLC
Compliance Specialist – Cannabis Industry
We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer and employee experience(s).
The company operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of California; the world’s largest cannabis market. We control our supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
We’re seeking an energetic Compliance Specialist to assist the compliance team with daily functions that will support many facets of the company. The ideal candidate will have strong moral character and be willing to flex into a new role at any given moment. They are punctual, organized, detail-oriented, and computer savvy They are adaptable problem-solvers with an eye for the bigger picture. This is a full-time hourly position based out of our headquarter location in Los Angeles, CA.
- Manage the day-to-day METRC compliance processes ensuring transactions are completed in a timely manner
- Manage the regulatory compliance testing process; including scheduling sampling events with the laboratory
- Oversee document control and organization of COAs, METRC manifests, and package tags
- Support the production team by creating finish unit METRC packages and overseeing material movements between licenses
- Stay up to date on compliance regulations, coordinating with the Compliance Manager to attend all relevant trainings, meetings, etc.
- Conduct inventory audits to ensure accuracy with METRC
- Audit and approve laboratory testing invoices
- Conduct training sessions for manufacturing and distribution team members
- Hold team members accountable to inventory control and testing requirements
- Perform risk analysis assessments and generate reports of the findings
- Support with Field compliance-related inquiries from internal customers
- Assist with inventory reconciliations
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively and ask for assistance when needed
- Knowledge and practical experience with inventory management procedures
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Metrc, ERP systems, cannabis track, and trace software; preferred
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Capable to resolve problems in a professional manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma required – College degree; preferred
- 1+ years of compliance-related experience in a highly regulated industry
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Experience in a legal cannabis market highly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities
- Be able to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time. Ability to occasionally bend, kneel, squat, and twist
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team and customers safe. This means individual offices or widely spaced workstations. We also provide extra masks, shields, hand sanitizer, and gloves as needed. We are an essential business, and we require our team to work in the office.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90058: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you 21 years of age or older? (Cannabis regulations require us to ask)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Cannabis Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Compliance: 1 year (Preferred)
- METRC: 1 year (Preferred)
- ERP Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.