Website Groundworks Industries
Serra: Thoughtful lifestyle brand with artful retail spaces
Cannabis Sales Associate
Serra Downtown Docent
Schedule & Travel: Full-time or Part-time, minimal travel within region
Reports To: Store Manager
Groundworks Industries is home to a family of retail brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
We are actively recruiting to find just the right inventory leader to help reopen our Serra Downtown flagship location. Serra is an elevated approach to cannabis that offers an experiential retail environment for our customers. Learn more about the Serra brand and product family at www.shopserra.com.
To be successful in this role, you’ll want to bring a wealth of customer and inventory manage experience to the table and either a passion for, or genuine curiosity about cannabis. You would join a team of 4-8 Sales Associates and Shift Leads and report to the Store Manager.
Sales Associate Job Description
The Sales Associate educates customers regarding the store’s offerings, remains knowledgeable about current store and industry offerings, and guides customers through the purchasing process. The Sales Associate is the key point of contact for customer interactions at the dispensary and must provide a positive and distinctive experience.
Informed by a ‘Balanced Scorecard’ approach equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer and Finance the Sales Associate supports the shop goal of facilitating a welcoming environment that creates unique customer service opportunities.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive and energetic style guided by Groundworks’ core values and long-range objectives.
The Sales Associate is accountable for four primary areas of responsibility:
People Works as a member of a professional team, fostering positive collaboration and contributing to a positive shop and company culture.
Process/Technology serves as a steward of operational excellence and compliance by remaining up to date on local and state regulations, abiding by company policies and demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
Customer actively works to stay educated on industry science and product knowledge, seeks to connect with a diverse spectrum of customers and clients, and models a customer-first attitude to deliver customer service in a friendly, attentive and knowledgeable manner.
Finance maintains exemplary cash handling skills, adherence to company operation policies, and works side by side with store leadership team to develop business acumen and achieve store team goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a differentiated customer service experience to individuals of all backgrounds
- Maintains flexible availability including nighttime, daytime, weekends, and holidays, adjusting to meet business demands as necessary
- Easily adapts to change and champions new initiatives
- Ability receive constructive feedback
- Ability to connect with a diverse spectrum of clients and customers
- Familiarity with web-based sales applications (BioTrack, Flowhub, Greenbits or other)
- Ability to remain positive even when faced with tough situations
- Must have reliable transportation
- Hold a valid Marijuana’s Handlers Permit
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the retail cannabis space
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Have interest and knowledge in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks’ mission
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases.
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily.
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, dust masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours.
To apply for this job please visit gwind.isolvedhire.com.